Data Analytics for B.Tech IT Students – Anna University
- Courses Description
- How to Register
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Job Prospects and Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Anna University was established in 1978 as a state technical institute. It is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- The university offers a B. Tech in Information Technology where students are equipped with data science knowledge.
List of Courses Offered
1. Data Analytics for B.Tech IT Students
- Course Duration: A minimum of 28 hours spread through 45 session
- Course Nature: B. Tech in IT 7th semester course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to big data analytics
- Acquire data analytical skills using different statistical tools
- Familiarize with data streams and visualization
- Learn crucial skills in data mining and clustering
- Data Analytics Syllabus
- Introduction to Big Data
- Duration: 8 hours
- It includes units such as;
- Analytical Processes & Tools
- Evolution of Analytic Scalability
- Web Data Management
- Analysis vs. Reporting of Data-Modern Data Analytical Tools
- Statistical Inference
- Prediction Error
- Statistical Concepts: Sampling Distributions
- Data Analysis
- Duration: 12 hours
- Students cover the following topics:
- Multivariate Analysis
- Inference and Bayesian Networks
- Regression Modelling
- Analysis of Time Series: Linear Systems Analysis and Nonlinear Dynamics
- Support Vector and Kernel Methods
- Neural Networks: Learning and Generalization
- Fuzzy Logic: Extracting Fuzzy Models from Data, Stochastic Search Methods, and Fuzzy Decision Trees
- Competitive Learning
- Principal Component Analysis and Neural Networks
- Mining Data Streams
- Duration: 8 hours
- Students must cover the following:
- Introduction to Stream Concepts
- Real-Time Analytics Platform(RTAP) applications
- Stream Computing-Sampling data in a stream, filtering streams and counting distinct elements in a stream
- Decaying window
- Real-time sentiment analysis and stock market predictions
- Stream data model and architecture
- Case Study Analysis
By the end of the program, a student must be able to:
- Apply all the statistical analysis methods
- Use various statistical tools for data analysis
- Design distributed file systems
- Apply stream data model
- Use visualization techniques for data analysis
- Candidates must be pursuing B.Tech in Information University from Anna University
- All interested candidates must have completed their high school successfully
- Must have an interest in technology and science-related courses
2. Big Data Analytics Training Program
- Course Duration: 1 day
- Course Nature/Type: Certification Data Analytics Seminar
- Training Capacity: 30 participants (first-come-first-served basis)
- The training program is open to all professionals interested in furthering their data analytics knowledge.
- The target includes researchers, faculty members, analytics practitioners, and postgraduate students in management/data science/computer science.
How to Register
- All interested participants are required to register through the institution’s website. Only register when the program is open.
- Benefits of Big Data Analytics
- Use of Closed-Loop Method and Corporate performance Management Techniques
- Use of Customer Segmentation, Data Mining, and Correlation Analysis in management
- Real-Time Analytic Strategy for Performance Monitoring and Operational Reporting
- Predictive Analytics
- Application of Software and Statistical Tools
- 2500 INR. It covers refreshments, lunch, and the training kit.
- Ranked 10th in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework.
- Anna University achieves more than 95% placement success.
- More than 100 organizations participate in the exercise. They include Procter & Gamble, Mahindra Electrics, KPMG, Deloitte, Nielsen, Sun Pharma, Cognizant, and YES Bank.
Job Prospects and Expected Salary
- Data analytics has increasingly become necessary for every organization handling data. As such, data science graduates are quickly absorbed into the job market.
- The graduates work in different sectors including healthcare, service, consultancy, and manufacturing
- The introductory salary for graduates is approximately Rs 12 lakhs annually with the highest getting up to Rs 23 lakhs annually.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can I undertake more than one data science course?
Ans: Yes, you are allowed to take as many courses as you deem necessary. However, you can only undertake one course at a time.
- Q2: How should I remit payment for the big data analytics program at Anna University?
Ans: All participants are required to draw a Demand Draft in favor of “ the Dean, MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai-600044”. Alternatively, the candidates can use credit cards or debit cards to make the payments.
- Tamil Nadu, India
- Official Website: www.annauniv.edu