Bharathidasan Institute of Management MBA
- Courses and Duration
- How To Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli, was established in 1984 in Tamil Nadu, India. It is named after Bharathidsan, a renowned poet in India.
- The institution is affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli and offers more than 250 courses.
- It offers an MBA program that is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- The institution has consistently ranked among the best colleges in India.
Courses and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time program.
- All students are required to undertake core courses during their first year of study. This provides them with a critical overview of all the management areas.
- During the second year of study, students can specialize in Marketing, Human Resource Management, Systems Management, and Finance & Operations.
- It is characterized by an in-depth analysis of case studies, intensive research units, and problem-solving projects.
- Students undergo intensive training using up-to-date techniques including guest lectures, seminars, conferences, and student exchange programs.
- Students must pass all the evaluation tests and demonstrate excellent content mastery before graduating. The assessment may include assignments, group discussions, term papers, dissertations, internship reports, and any other test that the instructor may deem appropriate.
- All students must undertake a summer internship in an organization assessed and approved by representatives from the institution. Placement institutions’ core business must be within the scope of students’ areas of specialization.
- All the students are required to undertake a final research project under the guidance of a lecturer from the institution. The project must be on a topic that seeks to resolve problems affecting various organizations globally.
- All candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years duration from a recognized university.
- General candidates must have achieved at least 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate studies while SC/ST/PWD candidates must have scored an aggregate of 45%.
- Candidates from institutions that offer CGPA are required to provide CGPA-Marks conversion guidelines approved by their institutions. If this is not provided, the CGPA will be converted by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum CGPA achievable and multiplying by 100.
- Candidates must possess a valid CAT/ GMAT scorecard.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate studies are eligible. However, they must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in their latest exam.
- In case of admission, such candidates will not be registered for an MBA unless they provide a letter from the registrar ascertaining that they have met all the undergraduate requirements and that they are waiting for graduation.
The application process involves three stages:
- To be considered, all candidates must apply online through the institution’s website. The candidates must upload all the requirements and submit them before the deadline. Late/incomplete application forms will be rejected.
- General candidates are required to pay an application fee of Rs 1450/ while the SC/ST/SCA candidates should pay Rs 950 for their application to be processed. The payment can be made online using Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Demand Draft, or Net Banking.
- All demand drafts must be drawn in favor of the Bharathidasan Institute of Management which is payable at Tiruchirappalli.
- After receiving the application forms, the institution’s admission officials select all the candidates who meet the minimum requirements. The shortlisting process is largely based on the performance in CAT/GMAT.
- All shortlisted candidates are required to physically attend personal interviews, group discussion assessment, and written ability test. It aims at establishing the students’ ability to express themselves freely and their knowledge on general matters.
- During this stage, all candidates will be evaluated based on their performance in every step of the process.
- The candidates are ranked based on their performance.
- Preparation of the Final List of Successful Candidates
- After undergoing the interview process, the admission officials compile all the marks for individual candidates.
- Based on the aggregate marks, the panel chooses the best-ranking students to join the MBA program. However, the officials consider other factors including work experience, extra-curricular activities, testimonials, and past academic achievements.
- All successful candidates are informed through the admission portal as well as personal addresses provided during the application process. They are required to accept the offer within the stipulated time failure to which it will be revoked.
- Accredited by National Board of Accreditation
- Ranked among the best 20 business schools in India
- The total MBA fee at BIM Tiruchirappalli is Rs 14, 50, 000/. It covers laptop charges, library charges, and tuition fees.
- The fee is payable in 4 installments at the beginning of every semester.
- Students residing within the institution are required to pay approximately Rs 40,000 mess charges per annum. Also, such students must pay the hostel fee of approximately Rs 50,000 per semester.
- BIM Tiruchirappalli offers scholarship opportunities to needy and intelligent students.
- BIM, Tiruchirappalli has registered a consistent placement success of above 98%.
- The average placement salary for MBA graduates is Rs 10 Lakhs per annum.
- The highest offer is approximately Rs 17 Lakhs with the least being Rs 6.50 lakhs annually.
- More than 70 organizations take part in the placement exercise. Some of the major companies that place offers include HDFC Life, Axis Bank, YES Bank, Asian Paints, Cognizant, KPMG, ANZ Bank, Ernst & Young, and BIM Trichy.
- MBA graduates from BIM Trichy get a starting salary of approximately Rs 12 Lakhs per annum.
- Highly-paid graduates get an introductory salary of up to Rs 20 Lakhs.
- The average pay of the graduates has the potential to rise to Rs 18 Lakhs annually within a few years of professional work.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can I get a scholarship at BIMT, Tiruchirappalli?
Ans: Yes, the institution offers limited scholarships to students who portray brilliant academic performance and those with financial constraints.
- Q2: How long should I wait before knowing whether my MBA application was successful?
Ans: The admission panel starts the admission process immediately after receiving all the forms. You will get the results 2-3 weeks after the process begins.
- Q3: Must international students undertake group discussions and personal interviews?
Ans: Yes, these admission stages are mandatory. However, foreign students use digital platforms for the process.
If you wish to engage a representative from the institution, you should not hesitate to send a message using the address below:
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management
- PO Box No.12, MHD Campus,
- BHEL Complex, Tiruchirappalli – 620014
- Tamil Nadu, India.
- Phone: +91 431-2520796, 2520502
- Email: email@example.com
- Additionally, you can visit the institution’s official website http://bim.edu/ to get access to more details about the MBA and other programs.