Free Online Data Science Courses to Earn Money from Home in Lockdown
- The novel Corona Virus continues to affect economies in ways one could never have imagined. Preventive measures aimed at curbing transmissions such as strict travel restrictions, complete lockdowns, social distancing, and quarantine measures have all but brought the world to a near standstill – and with it, most people’s incomes.
- As the impact of the pandemic continues to bite hard throughout the world, with no one really sure when normalcy will be restored, it has become necessary to seek alternative means of shoring up income. One way you can effectively monetize the downtime is to take free online courses that can enhance your chances of earning money from home.
- To help, we’ve put together a list of data science courses that will enable you to make the most of the lockdown at no cost – besides data cost, of course.
- If you’re looking to be at a proficiency level much closer to that of an advanced professional in machine learning in the shortest time possible, you shouldn’t overlook this course. The instructor, Andrew Ng, one of the godfathers of machine learning and the co-founder of Coursera, takes a broader approach to explain the fundamentals of machine learning to enable students to learn faster and attain a much deeper understanding of the subject.
- During this 54-hour course, you will learn both practically and theoretically about different machine learning techniques, how to implement them, as well as how best to apply them. Such is the efficiency of the Stanford-offered course that it is rated a whopping 4.9-star on Coursera.
- This course from Udemy provides one of the best free learning opportunities you can find anywhere online. It offers 8 hours, 6 minutes of free online content that brings you quickly up to speed with the latest skills, gives you a detailed insight into the subject of data analysis using Python, as well as boosts your knowledge about special aspects such as machine learning.
- You will learn how to use Python and R to perform data analysis, data visualization, data loading, as well as others that will help make you a well-rounded data science practitioner. With an average rating of 3.8, this beginner course is a great way to master every aspect of data analysis.
- “What is Data Science?” can be a suitable option for individuals who are looking for an online course that is as practical as it gets, with the least technical gimmicks. Whether you’re an experienced data scientist, a novice, or an intermediate, this 4.1-star rated course has something for everyone.
- The program provides people with simple and transparent information on data science components as well as the basics of data science so that they will be in a better position to understand the subject at a deeper level enough to build skills and boost their job prospects. What is Data Science? can be learned in just 40 minutes on Udemy.
- In about 10 hours and 57 minutes, Learn Python Language Fundamentals in Simple Way teaches you the basics of working with Python as well as the theoretical knowledge, to begin with.
- You’ll learn all the critical features of Python, data types, as well as other various subjects designed to make you more informed on Python fundamentals. The Udemy course is top-rated among students with a 4.4-star rating.
- This intermediate course is ideal for individuals with either an interest in mastering the advanced functions of Microsoft Excel or a pure desire to take their budgeting skills to the next level.
- Excel Pivot Table Basics contains an in-depth guide on how to analyze complex databases using pivot tables, organize information structure, as well as make more efficient use of the existing features of Excel. Thus, the 50-minutes program is rated as one of the top free courses on Udemy with a 4.4-star rating.
- This course attempts to take the professional, industry-standard route by greatly expanding on the possibilities of Python. Aimed at intermediate and advanced individuals, Deep Learning Prerequisites: The Numpy Stack in Python describes elaborately how to work with Python NumPy and Pandas in data analysis. The course is rated at 4.5-star on Udemy and can be completed in about 4 hours.
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate offers aspiring data scientists the chance to take advantage of online learning opportunities to advance their careers in data science and machine learning.
- In an easy-to-understand way, the course will teach you how to create a database in the cloud with write access to that database in SQL, create and store all tables and data, access data in Jupyter notebooks with Python, as well as how to work with a data set or a set of statistical variables.
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate is ideal for beginners who wish to learn faster and safer, as well as for those who can already manipulate data and want to improve their technique. You’ll need around 10 months to complete the 4.6-star rated course at 4 hours per week on Coursera.
- Offered by Princeton University, this beginner-level course will teach you the basics of programming using Java in around 88 hours so that you can become familiar with the essential fundamentals in the shortest possible time.
- The course is meant to take you a step deeper into programming elements such as loops, variables, arrays, conditionals, and I/O. You will also learn how to reuse codes, implement modular programming, as well as perform recursion in Java, among others. Little wonder it boasts an impressive 4.8-star rating on Coursera.
- If you want to become an influential person in data, this course will give you the solid foundation you need to build a model that captures useful trends. Intermediate Predictive Analytics in Python is the complete intermediate’s guide to predictive analysis using Python.
- The course empowers you to learn data preparation for analytics through database design, model preparation, and variable creation. It’ll take around four hours of watch time to complete the course on DataCamp.
- PostgreSQL Summary Stats and Window Functions teaches you how to utilize cutting-edge technology such as SQL to solve business problems. You will learn to use the innovation to sort values, generate ranks, calculate moving averages, running totals, and perform data deduplication, among others.
- As an intermediate course, PostgreSQL Summary Stats and Window Functions are intended to help you take your SQL skills to the next level by writing SQL to solve data problems in just four hours. Interested persons can find this course on DataCamp.
Other Articles You Might Like