M. Tech in Data Science – IIIT Hyderabad
- Courses Description
- Nature of Course
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- The Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) is a public engineering research institute founded in 2008. It is located in Telangana, India.
- It was established under the Institutes of Technology Amendment Act of 2011. It operates under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- It has established itself as a research-oriented institution with numerous publications. Its proximity to industrial hubs enables the students to acclimatize with the actual business environment.
- It offers M Tech in Data Science which was introduced to equip managers with crucial data management tips thus improving data security in the region.
- 3-5 years
Nature of Course
- This is a full-time residential program.
- The course is designed to provide flexibility among students. The courses can be offered on:
- Saturdays (9:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Monday to Friday (8:30 am- 10:00 am)
- The students can take the course remotely through video-enabled courses or physically at the campus.
- All students must undertake and pass a capstone project in an area that will enhance their hands-on experience in data science.
- The instructors utilize up-to-date teaching techniques to improve the learning experience. Some of the methods used include simulations, video conferencing, online discussions, case studies analysis, and classroom lessons.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Technology, AMIE, IT, ECE, CS, EE, or an MCA. Candidates with MSc/ MS degrees are also eligible.
- All prospective candidates must have at least two years of work experience.
- Candidates must be employed in a technology-related field at the time of applying.
- Candidates must have excellent academic records.
- Prior exposure to data science assignments is a plus.
- All interested candidates must apply online.
- Upon reception of all the application forms, the admission panel shortlists all the candidates who meet the minimum requirements.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for a written test and personal interview. All candidates are evaluated and awarded at every stage of the interview.
- Candidates with the highest cumulative score will be admitted. They will be required to accept the offer within the stipulated timelines.
- Other factors that may be considered include candidate’s testimonials, engagement in extracurricular activities, and any other criteria that the admission panel may deem appropriate.
- The admissions department reserves all the right to set the cut-off points for admission.
- UGC Accredited
- Ranked 198th best university in India by the QS World Rankings of 2019 and 94th among the BRIC nations.
- Ranked 8th best engineering institute in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, 2019.
- The total fee for the program is Rs 9 Lakhs covering tuition, library charges, and learning materials. Its breakdown is as follows:
- All candidates pay INR 500 application fee
- Students pay INR 15,000 registration fee per semester if the student enrolls for more courses
- The course fee is INR 25,000 per credit
- The capstone project fee is INR 12,500 per credit
- Students may incur extra hostel charges of up to Rs 60,000 per year if they reside within the institution.
- The institution achieves above 98% placement success. Almost all M. Tech in Data Science graduates are placed in institutions such as Google, Deloitte, Mahindra, KPMG, Procter and Gamble, and YES Bank.
- Highest-paid graduates get an average of Rs 25 lakhs annually.
- The average pay is Rs 11 lakhs.
- Big Data Analysis is one of the best paying careers globally. Introductory salaries range from Rs 10 Lakhs to Rs 35 lakhs annually.
- The graduates have an opportunity to work for both local and international organizations. Overseas companies offer introductory salaries of up to Rs 40 lakh annually.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Will I get an automatic admission if I meet the eligibility criteria?
Ans: No, mere fulfillment of the minimum admission criteria does not guarantee an automatic shortlisting. The admission panel decides the shortlisting criteria based on the number of applications received. They aim to only get the best candidates to fill the limited seat available
- Q2: What is the seating capacity for M Tech in Data Science at IIT Hyderabad?
Ans: The course has a seating capacity of approximately 35 students.
- Q3: Must I attend admission interviews physically?
Ans: No, if you pass the written test, you can undertake the interview through Skype/ Phone. An admission official will inform you of the exact date and time for the interview. It will take approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Q4: Can I reapply for M Tech in Data Science after the rejection of my first application?
Ans: Yes, candidates whose applications were unsuccessful can apply during the next intake. However, they should improve their profile to increase their chances of succeeding.
- Q5: Can I study M Tech in Data Science part-time at IIT Hyderabad?
Ans: No, this is a full-time program designed with numerous classroom hours. As such, any part-time students will not be able to meet the minimum attendance requirements for the course.
- If you have any questions about this course and any other offered in the institution, please check its official website https://www.iith.ac.in/.