PG Executive Certificate Program in Big Data & Data Science – IMT
- Courses Description
- Who Should Enrol?
- Type of Course
- Admission Process
- Capstone Project
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT) is a private university located in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. It specializes in offering business-related courses.
- It was established in 1980. It has also started satellite campuses in Hyderabad, Dubai, and Nagpur.
- The institution is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to offer postgraduate and executive programs in management. It has consistently ranked among the top 10 best business schools in India.
- It offers PG Executive Certificate Program to equip working professionals with necessary big data analytical skills.
Who Should Enrol?
- Software developers and IT professionals who aim at diversifying into analytics.
- Executives interested in learning big data science and acquiring skills on how to analyze big data for better decision-making.
- Professors who are willing to upgrade their analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurs and project managers.
- Managers/ team members involved in data analytics.
Type of Course
- A postgraduate executive certification program.
- 6 months
- All students must cover a minimum of 100 hours of online and offline sessions.
- Human resource strategists acquire crucial knowledge to analyze talents and maximize employees’ productivity.
- It introduces professionals to big data and trains them on how to use the right analytical tools to utilize it maximumly.
- The curriculum covers the fundamentals of data mining, data classification, risk analysis & evaluation, and application of big data in the decision-making process.
- All participants will gain hands-on experience in various analytical tools that classify and analyze big data
- The program is designed to equip participants with the latest trends in Python, HADOOP, SAS, SPSS, R-Language, and other statistical tools.
- The lessons are conducted by highly professional lecturers with tremendous knowledge in data mining and management of big data.
- Some of the teaching methods include guest lectures, mentorship by the industry’s best mentors, conferences, seminars, and field trips.
- All students are required to undertake a capstone project to improve their hands-on experience with various analytical tools.
- The project is evaluated by experts from the faculty.
- All students must present their capstone project to the faculty board as part of the requirement to complete the program.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a university recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Candidates with mathematics or statistics background will have an added advantage.
- All prospective candidates must have at least 3 years of working experience.
- All prospective candidates are required to apply for the program online. Late applications will be rejected.
- After the reception of all the application forms, the admission panels select all the candidates who meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the “Eligibility Section” above.
- All shortlisted candidates will further be evaluated to determine their interests, knowledge, and skills in the field of data science.
- The best candidates are admitted to the program. They receive their letters of an offer through the address provided during registration.
- Qualified candidates are required to confirm their interest within the stipulated duration failure to which the offer will be revoked.
- Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Accredited by the Association of Indian Universities
- Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation
- Ranked 12th overall and 5th Best Private School by Business Today, 2019
- Ranked 3rd in Supreme B School by CSR GHRDC B 2019 rankings
- The total fee is Rs 80,000 which covers tuition fees, learning materials, and library charges.
- Big Data and Data Science graduates are in high demand to an increase in the use of technology.
- All the graduates are placed in various organizations in the healthcare, service, manufacturing, and banking sectors.
- Highest-paid graduates earn approximately Rs 30 Lakhs annually with the average being Rs 12 lakhs.
- Some of the companies that participate in the placement process include Google, Cognizant, Mahindra, YES Bank, Deloitte, and KPMG.
- Big Data graduates get introductory offers of between Rs 7 lakhs and Rs 30 lakhs annually.
- Due to the high demand of these professionals, the salary can rise to Rs 40 within 2 years of working.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Does the institute guarantee placements after the course?
Ans: No, the institution is not entirely obliged to offer placement opportunities. However, it creates a conducive environment for recruiters to interact with the students which have led to an average of 99% placement success in the past
- Q2: Does the program include ethical hacking as a course?
Ans: No, this program is specifically designed to enhance data security and enable professionals to analyze it appropriately when making crucial decisions
- Q3: Should I apply if I do not have a background in technology?
Ans: Yes, candidates without a technology background are eligible to apply for the program. However, those with mathematics, technology, and statistics background will be given priority.
- Q4: Is work experience mandatory when applying for the PG executive certification program?
Ans: Yes, you must have at least two years of working experience. Those directly involved in data analytics will have an added advantage.
- Q5: Who provides the certification after the completion of the course?
Ans: The certificate of completion is provided by IMT. It is recognized by UGC, AICTE, NBA, AIU, and AACSB.
- Q6: Do I require my GMAT/CAT results during the application process?
Ans: No, you will not require any entrance examination when applying for PG Big Data and Data Science.
- Q7: How will I know whether my application was successful?
Ans: A representative from the admissions office will contact you to inform you about the status of your application. This happens 1-2 weeks after the application.
- Q8: Should I pay my fee together with the application fee if I meet all the eligibility criteria?
Ans: No, you are not guaranteed to get a seat even when you meet all the eligibility requirements. The admission process is highly competitive and the panel may adjust the cut off points based on the value of the applications received.
- Q9: Can I defer my studies after an admission?
Ans: Yes, you can defer your studies as long as you have valid reasons.
- To get more details on this program, please visit the institution’s official website https://www.imt.edu/. You will have the opportunity to engage the institution’s representative and have all your questions answered