Certificate Program in Business Analytics – ISB Hyderabad
- Courses Description
- Type of Course
- Nature of Course
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- The Indian School of Business (ISB) was started in 1996 after the formation of the ISB governing board. It is a private business school.
- The institution offers management studies in its Hyderabad and Mohali campuses.
- It offers various certificates in different postgraduate programs including Business Analytics.
- The course takes 1 year to complete.
Nature of Course
- Full-time. It combines both classroom work and technology-aided teaching.
- The program is designed to ensure minimal disruption of regular working schedules.
- All students must report on campus for at least 6 days every alternate month for a minimum of 12 months
- Students can opt to attend weekend classes on a best effort basis.
- In the month when there are no classroom connections, all students are expected to appear for lectures through technology-aided platforms such as podcasts, video conferencing, and recorded lectures.
- Students must achieve at least 56 connect hours every month.
- Some of the core courses covered in the program include:
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Optimal Mix of Data Collection
- Operations Research
- Domain Knowledge
- When on campus, students will be expected to have full-day lectures. Afterward, students will attend guest lectures, group work, and projects in the evening.
- All students must reside within the campus whenever they have on-campus lessons.
- The program has a highly intensive evaluation which includes classroom assignments, projects, group discussions, and case study analyses.
- Lecturers use up-to-date teaching techniques such as simulations, guest lectures, podcasts, field visits, and exchange programs.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Masters in Mathematics/Statistics. Any other equivalent qualification will be considered.
- Candidates must have excellent academic records from a university recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Candidates must have at least two years of working experience. They must be full-time employees by the time of submitting the application.
- Candidates with an analytical mind and excellent academic credentials will be exempted from work experience requirements.
- All prospective candidates must pass an online aptitude test or provide a valid GMAT/GRE/CAT scorecard.
- All candidates must present a valid consent letter from their current employer (it can either be provided during the application or after securing an admission).
- All prospective candidates must apply for the course through the institution’s website. Late applications will be rejected.
- Once the admission panel receives all the application forms, they select the candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Shortlisted candidates are required to undergo an online aptitude test. Candidates who submit a valid GMAT/CAT/GRE test score will be exempted from the test.
- Based on the performance of the online test, the admission panel selects the candidates to progress to the final selection round.
- In the final selection round, the admission panel considers other factors such as work experience (duration and quality), quality of the consent note by the employer, academic achievements, and extracurricular activities.
- All the candidates are awarded a specific score on each evaluation parameter. Those who meet the set cut-off points are included in the final list of successful candidates.
- In case of a tie, the following factors will be considered:
- Benefits each candidate will acquire from the program
- Evidence of professional success
- Motivation to undertake the program
- The potential to be a business leader/ attitude/ mindset of leadership
- Qualified candidates receive their admission letters through the addresses provided during the application process. They are required to pay block fees to ascertain their interest in the program.
- Accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- The total fee is Rs 915,000 for the entire 12 months. It covers tuition, learning expenses, library fee, and refundable deposits.
- It is payable in 3 installments.
- Students will be required to pay additional hostel fees for their on-campus period.
- The fee does not cover travel expenses.
- ISB Hyderabad achieves more than 95% placement success with more than 70 organizations participating in its placement process.
- The highest placement salary is Rs 14.2 Lakhs annually.
- The average placement salary is Rs 7.8 lakhs annually.
Organizations Involved in the Placement Process
- Some of the organizations that are actively involved in the recruitment process include Google, Amazon, eBay, Mahindra Electric, KPMG, Procter & Gamble, and Deloitte.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can I apply for Business Analytics and another course at the same time?
Ans: Yes, you can apply for as many courses as you want. However, you’ll be required to pay an application fee for each course.
- Q2: Does the institution have an exchange program for Business Analytics students?
Ans: Yes, the institution organizes an exchange program for its students to get international exposure.
- Q3: Can I defer my studies?
Ans: Indian School of Business allows students to defer their studies. However, they should provide a valid reason for that failure to which the application will be declined.
- Gachibowli, Hyderabad
- Telangana – 500 111
- Official website: https://www.isb.edu/