Certification Program on Business Analytics and Data Mining – Indian Statistical Institute
- Courses Description
- Benefits of the Program
- Type of Course
- Entrance Exam
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) is a central organization recognized by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation. It was established in 1931.
- In 1959, it was declared an Institute of National Importance by an Act of Parliament.
- It is one of the oldest institutions in India that focuses on statistical studies to improve accountability and accuracy in analyses.
- ISI is located in Baranagar, Kolkata with branches in Delhi, Tezpur, Giridih, Chennai, and Bangalore.
- Its Certification Program in Business Analytics and Data Mining is designed to equip professionals with up-to-date management and analytical systems.
- After completing the one-week course and passing all the evaluation tests, students receive certification in Business Analytics and Data Mining from ISI.
Benefits of the Program
- Professionals are equipped with diverse statistical and analytical techniques to improve the management of their organizations.
- Equip the students with adequate business analytics and data mining techniques.
- Comprehensively covers the use of R-studio and MS-Excel which is necessary for data management.
- The course takes a maximum of 6 days to complete.
Type of Course
- This is a short certification program.
- It is divided into 5 modules (each for a single day):
- Introduction, Basic Concepts and Visual Analytics using R
- Probability distributions, Estimation, and Hypothesis Testing
- Prediction Modeling through Regression
- Tree-based Method, Forecasting and Segmentation
- Neural Network and Deep Learning
- Every module is designed to cover specific principles and tools. As such, all students are required to have laptops equipped with specific analytical tools as advised by their instructors.
- After every module, an assignment is issued. Students are expected to handle the assignments in teams and present their findings the following day before the commencement of the next module.
- The wrap-up exam is conducted on the 6th day of the course. All students are expected to achieve the pass mark set by the institution to be certified.
- All students are expected to appear in-person for lessons.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/Physics/ Statistics, an MBA, BE/B Tech degree, or six sigma black belt.
- Candidates must have at least two years of working experience.
- Candidates working as data analysts will be preferred.
- All prospective candidates must have excellent academic records.
- Knowledge in matrices, calculus, and linear algebra is desired but not mandatory. Candidates who lack this background is likely to face challenges throughout the program.
- All prospective candidates must apply online through the institution’s official website. They must send their registration papers together with the course fee required.
- Before making online payments, candidates must confirm seat availability. Fees paid cannot be refunded.
- After receiving the registration forms, the admission panel selects the best candidates who are offered admission.
- Due to the limited number of seats, the admission follows the first-come-first-served principle.
- All participants must have a laptop. It helps in undertaking analysis using Rstudio and other analytical approaches.
- Failure to confirm attendance (by paying the program’s fee) within the stipulated deadline will lead to automatic revocation.
- Recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- Ranked 1352nd globally by Webometrics Ranking of World Universities.
- Ranked 1st in Economic Research by Stanford University.
- The total fee for the program is Rs 35, 400. It covers course materials, lunch, and refreshments.
- It is payable through debit cards, credit cards, or Net Banking. All students must pay the fee one-off before starting the program.
- The skills acquired through Business Analytics and Data Mining Certification significantly improves the value of employees.
- More than 90% of the employees get job promotions and earn up to Rs 30 lakhs annually.
- Also, various companies participate in the placement to solely get data analysis experts. They include Facebook, Deloitte, Amazon, eBay, KPMG, and Procter & Gamble.
- Professionals with data mining and analytical skills earn an average of Rs 12 lakhs annually.
- The highest-paid certified graduate can earn up to Rs 30 lakhs with a possibility of an increase to Rs 40 lakhs annually within a few years of professional work.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Do I need the results of any entrance exam to qualify for the program?
Ans: No, all candidates with a bachelor’s degree and substantial working experience will be considered for the program.
- Q2: Can I select only a few modules and still get certified?
Ans: No, you must undertake all the 5 modules successfully to qualify for the certification. If you fail to complete any of the modules, your certification will be deferred until the time that you’ll satisfactorily complete the program.
- Q3: Must I pay all the fees at the beginning of the program?
Ans: Since this is a short program (6 days), the institution prefers that all students pay a one-off fee before starting the program. However, the payment can be flexible if the student has valid reasons.
Candidates only get certification after paying the entire fee for the program.
- Q4: Can I undertake the program online?
Ans: This program is characterized by intense conference sessions, seminars, hands-on projects, and other modules that require your physical presence. As such, you should attend offline lessons exhaustively. Lessons that do not require practical work are available in online mode.
- Q5: Can I apply if I do not have a mathematics and statistics background?
Ans: Yes, you can. However, applicants with a background in these areas will be given priority during the admission process. Even when admitted, students who lack a mathematics background may find it relatively difficult to cope with the studies but will be helped to catch up by the instructors.
- Q6: Is there a physical admission interview?
Ans: No, the admission panel solely relies on the details provided during your application to make their final decision. Since this is a short-term course, candidates are admitted on the first-come-first-served basis.
- Q7: What payment methods are permissible at the Indian Statistical Institute?
Ans: Students can pay their school fees using different approaches including credit cards, debit cards, and Net Banking. All the details about the payment must be stored safely in case future verification is required.
- Q8: Does the Indian Statistical Institute offer scholarships to needy students?
Ans: This course is relatively new in the institution and it targets working professionals. While the institution provides scholarships to needy and intelligent students, Business Analytics and Data Mining students are not eligible to apply.
- Q9: After how long will I know my application status?
Ans: Approximately 1 week after the application deadline. A representative of the admissions office will contact you to provide all the details about the admission.
- If you have any inquiries about this short-term program, you shouldn’t hesitate to visit the institution’s official website https://www.isical.ac.in/ for more details