Data Science Courses – Jigsaw Academy
- Courses Description
- Other Important Details
- Placement Details
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Jigsaw Academy was established in 2011 by Sarita Digurmarti and Vohra Gaurav.
- The institution was established to train individuals on data management, analytics, and the power of big data.
- Since its establishment, the institution has grown tremendously and it now offers more than 30 data-related courses.
- It has been recognized as the best data analytics institution in India on several occasions.
List of Courses Offered
1. Postgraduate Program in Data Science & Machine Learning
- In-person classroom sessions are held during weekends. Students can choose to go to the lessons in Delhi or Bangalore.
- All students are expected to attend at least 8-weekend classroom sessions. During these hours, they will undergo intense case study analysis and practical work.
- Students must undertake a capstone project towards the end of the program.
- Students cover several data analytical tools including Big Data, Hadoop, SparkMLlib, Tableau, Python, TensorFlow, Spark, and MapReduce.
- All candidates must cover the following modules:
- Introduction to Analytics
- Data Science with Python
- Data Understanding and Preparation
- Data Visualization and Storytelling
- Predictive Modelling with Python
- Big Data Engineering
- DL, AI, and TensorFlow
- Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning
- Common teaching techniques include simulations, seminars, conferences, and field trips
2. Data Science Bootcamp Training
- This course is designed to allow graduates to establish a career in data analytics.
- All students master various analytical tools including Tableau, SQL, Python, R, and SPSS.
- Students have access to industry experts and stalwarts.
- All students must undertake a capstone project which imparts data analysis skills required in a real-world business environment.
- Students can access multiple case studies and other learning materials through mobile devices.
3. Full Stack Machine Learning & AI Certification Program
- The programs provide in-depth knowledge in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Deep Learning.
- Students learn how to apply ML and AI in both structured and unstructured data. This may include video data, texts, images, and audio.
- All students must cover TensorFlow, Python, Keras, NumPy, and R comprehensively.
- Students must undertake a capstone project to enable them to get hands-on experience in data analysis.
- The program uses up-to-date learning techniques including case studies analysis, group discussions, seminars, and conferences.
4. Full Stack Data Science Program
- It equips students with knowledge and skills of using Python, R, Keras, Tableau, SQL, Anaconda, and TensorFlow analytical tools.
- It is validated by NASSCOM.
- All candidates must cover the following courses before graduating:
- Overview of Analytics
- R for Data Science
- Probability and Statistics
- Data Wrangling and EDA with R
- Hypothesis Testing
- Predictive Analysis with R
- Machine Learning Models with Python
- Python for Data Science and Machine Learning
- Storytelling with Data using Tableau
- All candidates must undergo a capstone project and final certification exam
5. HR Analytics
- Students get in-depth insights into using Excel applications in data analysis.
- Some of the critical courses offered include:
- Predictive analysis
- Workforce analytics
- Analytics in talent management
- Improving measurement maturity
- The business value of retention
- Advanced analytics
- All students must analyze different case studies to help them apply their knowledge to real HR cases. The case studies must include the following topics:
- The business value of retention
- Understanding compensation data (using measures of central tendency)
- Workforce planning simulation
- Optimizing hiring strategies
- Understanding correlation by applying survey data
- Logistic regression
6. Machine Learning with PySpark for Big Data
- The curriculum is designed to help students acquire skills in Python and Scala Language in the analysis of big data.
- Some of the tools taught in this program include Spark Streaming, RDD Operations, Dataframe, Shared Variables, and Spark SQL.
- The course is characterized by numerous case studies to enable the students to get hands-on application experience.
7. Data Science with Python
- The course is designed to strengthen the skills of students in different areas including Python Programming, Data Handling, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Analytics, and Feature Engineering.
- It equips the students with skills to develop and apply various algorithms including Classification & Segmentation, Regression & Forecasting, K Means, and Random Forest (using Python).
- Some of the key statistical tools taught include SQL, Python, and Excel.
- The course includes multiple case studies analysis to equip students with real field experience.
8. Executive Program in Business Analytics and Business Management
- The program is designed to enable students to cover the technical and business aspects of data analytics and data science.
- Students are introduced to essential analytical tools, data extraction techniques, descriptive and inferential statistics, and data manipulation.
- Some of the analytical tools taught include SQL, Python, R, and Tableau.
- All students will have access to Tableau Visual Analytics software.
- Students will acquire valuable information on Machine Learning and analysis of both structured and unstructured data.
Other Important Details
- Its data science program was ranked 2nd in India by India Education Diary
- Ranked the best institution in Data Science Training in India by Outlook India
- Approximately 80% of Jigsaw students have moved into an analytics career
- Highest placement offer for analytics graduates is Rs 15.3 Lakhs annually
- The average placement offer is Rs 7.2 lakhs annually
Companies Involved in the Placement Process
- More than 50 organizations are actively engaged in the placement process
- They include Accenture, Amazon, Cognizant, Analytic Edge, Data Semantics, FICO, eBay, Future Group, Franklin Templeton Investments, Mahindra Electric, Novo Nordisk, Genpact, Nielsen, S & P Global, Oracle, and Zoom
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can I visit the institution before the admission process?
Ans: Yes, the institution organizes site visits regularly to allow potential students to interact with the staff in the admission department and make any other inquiries about the institution
- Q2: Does the institution offer special loans for needy students?
Ans: The institution does not offer loans to students. However, it has partnered with various financial institutions to enable the students to get loans based on their credit rating
- Q3: Does the institution guarantee placement opportunities?
Ans: No, Jigsaw academy only creates an enabling environment for recruiters to interview the students. However, more than 98% of the students are placed both on and off-campus
- Q4: Will I be eligible for a fee refund if I withdraw my application?
Ans: No, the application fee is not refundable
- Q5: Is internship mandatory?
Ans: Yes, all students are required to attend a summer internship. The duration of the internship varies from one course to the other
- Q6: Can Jigsaw Academy accept corporate sponsorships?
Ans: Yes, the institution allows companies to sponsor their employees. Such candidates must provide a written sponsorship letter from the current employer
- Q7: Does the institution have scholarship opportunities for needy students?
Ans: Yes, needy and brilliant students can apply for partial scholarships. The scholarships are allocated based on merit
- Q8: Can I appeal if the admission panel denied me an admission?
Ans: No, the decision by the panel is final. The admission process is strictly based on merit
- Bengaluru, Karnataka 560038, India
- Official website: https://www.jigsawacademy.com/