Management Development Institute Gurgaon MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- The institution was established in 1973 by the Industrial Corporation of India. It’s located in Gurgaon which is strategically close to the capital, New Delhi.
- The institution launched its first full-time residential PGPM – Post-Graduate Program in Management (the program is equal to an MBA) in 1994.
- In 2005, the institution was accredited by the South Asian Quality Assurance Systems followed by AMBA accreditation.
Courses and Duration
The program is a residential two-year full-time program. It is spread across six terms each with three months.
Here are the core subjects for the program:
- Business Law
- Managerial Communication
- Decision Sciences
- Behavioral Sciences
- Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
- Information Technology
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Organizational Behavior
In the 2nd year, students are allowed to specialize in two of the following elective courses:
- Information Management
- Strategy and Operations Management
For a student to specialize in any area, they are required to take at least 5 elective courses with 15 credits in that specific area of interest.
This course program is aimed at developing highly analytical business professions to make crucial decisions quickly and accurately.
To facilitate the learning process, students are expected to go for the summer internship. Also, they should provide a report on a research topic of their choice.
Also, there are student exchange programs aimed at enhancing the global approach of the students on business matters.
- A bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree from a recognized university. Any bachelor’s degree should have a minimum of 3 years study time for it to be considered
- Must have a minimum of 50% marks aggregate or an equivalent 5.0 CGPA
- Should have a minimum of 1-year work experience
- Any candidate in their final year of study is allowed to apply for the MBA program. However, such a student must provide a letter from the registrar to ascertain their academic status in the current university
- Complete and submit the application form before the deadline
- The initial stage of application involves the filling of the application form. The forms are readily available on the official website of the institution.
- Once you click on the apply option, you will be directed to an application window where you will be required to fill all the details accurately.
- You are also required to attach any document required for a successful application process (the institution lists all the requirements on the website).
- After completing the form, you must pay an application fee of Rs 3000 which is inclusive of 18% GST.
- Once you review your details and ascertain the accuracy, you can submit the form and wait for communication from the university.
Phase 1: Shortlisting Process
- After the closure of the application phase, the applications are reviewed to select those that meet all the eligibility requirements (as listed above).
- Candidates who qualify are invited for a physical meeting at the admissions office in the institution.
- Candidates are subjected to various tests to ascertain their readiness to handle the MBA program.
Phase 2: Conducting the Written Ability Test and Personal Interview
- The institution uses written tests to assess the candidate’s abilities. You’ll be given various tests that you’ll be required to complete within the stipulated time durations.
- The personal interview is conducted by a team of admission officials with the sole aim of ascertaining the accuracy of all the details you provided during the application process.
- These tests contribute significantly to the overall score and each candidate should be keen to get the best results.
Phase 3: Preparation for the Final Admission List
- The qualified students are admitted to the MBA program at the institute. The process is strictly based on merit and only the best gets a place in the institution.
- The key determining factors include the CAT/GMAT scores, WAT/PI scores, past academic achievements, and professional experience.
All the qualified students are offered with a letter explaining the structure, duration, and the fee structure for the course.
- Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation. The agency has approved the Post Graduate Diploma in Management Program for 5 years expiring on June 2020
- Accredited by the Association of MBAs, UK (AMBA)
- Accredited by AMDISA which is a SAARC approved accreditation body
- Ranked 12th among all the management schools in India by NIRF
- Business Today ranked the institution 6th best B-school in India
The total fee for an MBA program is Rs 21, 34, 000 which caters for lodging charges, tuition fee, library fee, alumni fee, student activities, learning materials fee, and security deposit:
- You’ll also pay Rs 3000 registration fee
- The institution offers loans and scholarship to a needy student. All you need is to apply for consideration
- The institution achieves almost 100% placement record. All the MBA students get offers from reputable organizations globally
- The average pay for the graduates is Rs 14 Lakh with the highest getting an offer of approximately Rs 48 Lakhs
- The leading recruiters include the Deloitte, KPMG, Google, and Accenture
- Graduating with an MBA from the MDIG offers you an opportunity to work for highly dynamic organizations.
- Besides the good salary (a minimum of Rs 8 Lakh), you’ll get an opportunity to get networks and grow significantly in the corporate world.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What is the cost of the MBA program?
Ans: The cost of doing an MBA ranges from Rs 17,00,000/- to Rs 23,00,000. For MDI, you’ll spend approximately Rs 22,00,000
- Q2: Will the school offer me an internship opportunity?
Ans: After the first year of study, you are expected to go for an internship. The school will organize for one. However, you are free to make other arrangements and apply for the position in organizations of your choice
- Q3: Can I have part-time Classes?
Ans: This regular MBA is full-time. If you need special arrangements for part-time classes, feel free to communicate with the institution using the contacts in the “Contact Details” section below
- Q4: How often will I be evaluated?
Ans: The school intends to evaluate all the students every semester. However, the lecturer is at liberty to give assignments, projects, and other continuous assessment tests. Every student should participate in the evaluation tests and achieve the set pass mark for them to graduate.
If you have any pressing issue, you shouldn’t hesitate to contact the institution’s representative using the contacts below:
- Management Development Institute
- Mehrauli Road, Sukhrali,
- Gurgaon – 122 007, INDIA
- Also, visit the institution’s website https://mdi.ac.in for in-depth information on any of the programs offered at MDI Gurgaon.