T.A Pai Management Institute MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- T.A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) is a private autonomous school that was established in 1980. It’s one of the leading B-schools in India offering topnotch management courses.
- Its flagship two-year PGDM program started in 1984 with 48 students. The program is recognized by UGC as an MBA equivalent.
- In 2012, the institution was accredited by the Association of Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- In 2018, its PGDM received an international AMBA accreditation. This approval makes MBA graduates competent globally.
Course and Duration
- PGDM program takes a minimum of two years to complete.
- The course has a detailed curriculum that aims at offering the best training in management studies.
- Lecturers use different training approaches including group discussions, assignments, presentations, online discussion platforms, and practical activities.
- It has core subjects and elective subjects. Some of the core areas include Marketing, Decision Making Science, Information Management, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, and Logistics.
- Each student must undertake a project towards the end of the second year to help in identifying problems and offering solutions in their area of specialization.
- Also, students must attend an internship towards the end of the second year to give them hands-on management experience.
- Prospective candidates must possess a graduate degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate score.
- Candidates must present CAT, GMAT, or XAT score sheet (shortlisting is based on any of the three scores-whichever is higher).
- Final year students are eligible to apply.
- TAPMI uses a profile based shortlisting where they consider the following:
- CAT/GMAT/XAT results
- Academic profile. Performances in the 10th to 12th grades are considered. Also, graduation reports and backlogs contribute significantly to the overall mark assigned by the admission panel
- Work experience
- Extra-curricular achievements
- Quality of candidate’s Statement of Purpose
- Based on the above parameters, qualified candidates are invited for a written test, group discussion, and physical interview.
- All candidates are awarded marks based on their performance on all admission stages.
- Those who qualify are invited through a letter sent through the address provided during the application process.
- TAPMI is accredited by AICTE and AACSB.
- The institution is AMBA-accredited.
- TAPMI was ranked 17th best B-School in India by Business Today.
- Outlook India ranked the institution among the “Top 100 Management Schools” in 2016.
- The total cost of the PGDM is Rs 14 Lakhs.
- TAPMI offers scholarship programs to deserving students upon application and approval.
- TAPMI achieves a 100% placement record for its MBA graduates. More than 100 organizations are involved in the process.
- The average annual scholarship awarded to students is Rs 18 Lakhs with the highest offer being over Rs 50 Lakhs.
- Some of the organizations that participate in the process include YES Bank, Deloitte, Google, Proctor and Gamble, and KPMG.
- TAPMI MBA graduates earn an average of Rs 20 Lakhs introductory salary which can increase to over Rs 40 Lakhs over 2 years working duration.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Does TAMPI shortlist based on cut-off scores for GMAT/CAT/XAT/GRE for the second interview stage?
Ans: While the scores of these particular tests are crucial in determining the candidates to join the next round of interviews, they are not a solitary determiner.
A weight is assigned for other areas including professional qualifications, extra-curricular activities, academic records, and past work experience.
- Q2: Where are the interviews held?
Ans: TAMPI requires that all candidates appear physically for personal interviews. However, the interview centers have been distributed to make the process easier. Candidates can appear for the interview in Chennai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bhubaneswar, and Manipal
- Q3: Which questions do I expect during group discussions and personal interviews?
Ans: All the questions asked during the interview are drawn from your graduation subjects, career goals, and other general awareness questions
- Q4: What happens during Written Interviews and Group Discussions?
Ans: During this phase of the interview, you’re required to prove your coherence of thoughts. The questions can be obtained from any sector of life and are mostly descriptive. During Group Discussions, you’ll be classified into different groups of at least five members each.
You’ll then be provided with a question where you’ll be required to debate. Marks are awarded based on the quality of the candidate’s arguments as well as the clarity and coherence of their ideas
- Q5: How is the placement record of TAPMI MBA?
Ans: TAPMI has consistently maintained a placement record of 100%. All MBA graduates get jobs in different organizations globally
- Q6: Will I be allowed to specialize in the first year of study?
Ans: The first year of study is common for all. During this period, all students undertake the core courses of the MBA program to help them determine their interests. At the beginning of the second year, the students are allowed to select their area of specialization.
If you have any questions regarding the admission process, do not hesitate to inquire using the following contact details:
- A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI)
- P.B. No. 9, Manipal – 576 104, Karnataka, India
- (Landmark: Manipal – Alevoor Road: TAPMI new campus)
- Also, you can visit the institution’s official website https://www.tapmi.edu.in to get in-depth information about it.