Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai is a private B-school in India. It was started in 2004 by Dr. Bala V Balachandran to provide holistic management training to students from India and other parts of the world.
- It has an outstanding faculty led by an exceptional advisory council in charge of steering the institution towards providing high-quality management programs.
- The institution has international collaborations including BABSON, HKUST Business School, and the University of Missouri, Kansas City.
- Its MBA program is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), All India Council for Technical Education, and SAQS.
Courses and Duration
- It’s a full-time course that takes one year to complete.
- Approximately 100% of the PGPM program are employed before graduation. Organizations actively engage in the placement of these students with impressive offers.
- The program uses a unique learning strategy to develop well-rounded graduates. It applies the Karma-Yoga technique which analyses empirical studies thus broadening the student’s analytical view of business problems.
- The PGPM class is highly diverse with people of different races, countries, and religious beliefs. Approximately 27% of the students are female while the average working experience is 3 years.
- Great Lakes Institute of Management has 2 different forms of Post Graduate Program in Management: one-year and two-year programs.
- Due to the difference in structures and duration, the eligibility criteria for the two courses differ.
- You must have a valid CAT scorecard, XAT, CMAT, or GMAT.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field from an institution recognized by the Department of Human Resource Development, the Government of India.
- Possess at least 2 years of working experience. This requirement is mandatory (candidates with less working experience will only be admitted for the 2-year program).
- Must submit a duly-filled application form together with all the accompanying documents before or on the deadline day. Any late submissions will be disregarded.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a UGC-approved institution.
- All candidates in their final year of study qualify for the program. However, they must provide a letter of recommendation from the relevant department ascertaining that they are due for graduation from the institution.
- Also, all applicants in their final year of study must provide the results for their last exams for consideration. If admitted, they will be required to provide the mark-sheet or an original degree certificate before enrolling for PGDM.
- This program is only meant for fresh graduates and candidates with less than 2 years of working experience. Individuals with more experience are eligible for the one-year program (NB: Internship is not considered when determining professional work experience duration).
- All candidates must provide the CAT, CMAT, XAT, or GMAT results.
- Must apply before the deadline. Any late submission is not considered.
The Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai is a highly ranked institution. As such, the admission process is strictly based on merit. Here are the steps that you should follow to get admission in this institution:
- This phase allows candidates to show interest in the PGDM program offered at the institution.
- To achieve this, you should visit the institution’s website and fill in the application form accurately. Alternatively, you can download the form and fill it manually.
- Ensure that you attach all the documents as listed on the website. Some of the critical documents include the passport photo, the academic certificates, recommendation letters (if working professionally), and other relevant certificates of academic achievements.
- Send the duly-filled application forms either online or physical submission to the institution’s admission desk.
Selection/ Shortlisting Process
- After the close of the application period, the admission team embarks on shortlisting the best candidates for the next phase of the interview. The shortlisting is based on the fulfillment of all the eligibility requirements as listed above.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited to attend the Personal Interview and Written Ability Test (WAT)
- At this stage of the interview, you are required to attend the sessions physically in the institution to allow the panel to assess your abilities.
Compiling the Final List
After the selection process, the team retreats to select the best students for the program. The selection is based on the following:
- CAT, CMAT, XAT, or GMAT. This carries 85% of the overall mark. Candidates that fall within the 95% percentile has a higher chance of getting admitted for the PGDM program.
- PI and WAT. Your performance on these two activities contributes 5% of the overall final mark. The panel seeks to get self-driven students with exemplary writing and communication skills.
- Past Academic Achievements. This contributes 5% of the overall score. The panel expects a candid explanation of all the achievements supported by certification or recommendations.
- Work Experience. This final parameter contributes about 5% of the total mark. Also, your work experience determines which program to join.
If you meet all these qualifications, the admission panel will offer you a chance to enroll for the PGDM at the Great Lakes Institute of Management. If you accept, you’ll be provided with the letter of admission with all the details regarding the fee and other admission requirements.
- Accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA). It’s the 7th and the youngest institution to receive the accreditation.
- Accredited by the South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS). The accreditation body is recognized by SAARC and has received awards from the Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia
- Analytics India ranked the institution the first analytics B-School in India
- Ranked 18th by the National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018
- The total fee for the one-year MBA Program is 18 Lakhs. The fee includes the academic fee, accommodation, food, and other refundable deposits.
- The fee does not include other personal expenses and the students should arrange on how to meet the extra cost.
- In 2018, it attracted 121 leading companies which is more than 50% increment compared to the previous year
- The average salary for an MBA graduate is Rs 9.2 Lakhs annually with the highest salary offered by a US Management firm being Rs 24 Lakhs.
- Some of the leading recruiters include Mahindra Holidays, HIRCO, Godrej Consumer, Edserve, and PUMA.
- The expected salary a Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai is Rs 25 Lakhs. However, the placement salary averages Rs 16 Lakhs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What does MBA accreditation mean?
Ans: Accreditation means an approval that an institution or a course gets after meeting all the standards required. If an institution is accredited, it gains trust from potential students as well as employees. Accreditation agencies such as the Association of MBAs in the UK and UGC are recognized globally. This means that graduates from accredited universities will have an easy time working anywhere in the world.
- Q2: What is the difference between MBA and MSc?
Ans: An MBA is a Masters in Business Administration while Msc is a Masters in Science. The two programs belong to different disciplines: business and science respectively. Additionally, the admission requirements are slightly different.
- Q3: How does an MBA improve my career prospects?
Ans: An MBA provides you with a golden opportunity to grow in your career or establish your business. It instills impressive decision-making strategies and enhances dynamism in your business approach which propels you to great heights.
- Q4: Can I join the program if I have an insufficient fee?
Ans: The institution requires that you clear the tuition fee before admission. The other part of the fee can be paid in installments over the two years of study. However, you can get loans and scholarships from the school upon application and approval by a panel.
The university is situated approximately 60 kilometers from Chennai City Airport and approximately 90 kilometers from Pondicherry City.
Great Lakes Institute Of Management
- Prince Infocity II, Ist Floor,
- 283/3, Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR),
- Chennai – 600096
- Also, you should feel free to visit the institution’s official website https://www.greatlakes.edu.in for more details about the MBA course.