National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- The National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai was founded in 1963 by the government of India.
- It started as a National Institute of Training in Industrial Engineering. In 1992, the name changed to the National Institute of Industrial Engineering.
- It is recognized as one of the top 15 best B-schools in India by the Ministry of Human Resource Development
- It offers a Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management which is equivalent to an MBA. The program was the institution’s first management course introduced in 1994 with the aim of offering cross-section business training.
Course and Duration
- This is a two-year full-time program
- Students are allowed to take 10 stream specific elective courses and 5 elective courses
- PGDIM program aims at churning out young and dynamic managers. To achieve this, the course outline blends classroom work, project work, and internship to impart transformational skills to the students
- The course integrates Marketing, Economics, Operations & Chain Management, Finance, Human Resource, Business Strategy, and Decision Science Information Systems
- All candidates must possess an Engineering or Technology degree from a recognized university. Also, they must have 60% aggregate marks or 55% for SC, ST or PD candidates
- Candidates currently pursuing a degree in Engineering/ Technology in their final year are eligible to apply. However, they must submit their score sheet or certificate before they are considered for admission
- Sponsored candidates must come from a reputable industrial organization/ academic institution. They must also possess at least two years of professional working experience
- Candidates must provide a valid CAT score. International students must attach their GMAT scorecard during the application process
- Candidates must submit their duly filled application forms before the deadline
- After reception of the application forms, the admission panel shortlists qualified candidates based on the requirements outlined in the “eligibility section” above.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for a written test, group discussion, and personal interview. International candidates undertake their interview through Skype or any digital platform as the institution may deem fit
- All candidates who pass the interviews and written test are shortlisted for the final phase of the admission process
- The panel award marks based on the performance of the interview, past academic achievements, work experience, and co-curricular activities
- Qualified candidates get invitation letters through the contact details provided during the application process. All the potential students must confirm their acceptance of the MBA offer
- After acceptance, the candidates receive letters detailing all the requirements as well as the fee structure
- Approved by UGC and recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India
- National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 ranked NITIE 14th best management school in India
- Ranked 13th best B-School in 2016 by Business Today
- The total cost of the PGDIM is Rs 4, 10, 000
- NITIE offers scholarship opportunities for students upon application and verification
- 2018 MBA batch registered 100% placement record. Approximately 135 recruiters participated in the placement process
- The average salary was Rs 18.45 LPA
- The highest offer for the MBA graduates was Rs 33 LPA
- The average placement salary for MBA graduates is RS 20 LPA. The highest expected amount an MBA graduate can earn is around Rs 40 LPA with the potential of growing to Rs 100 LPA after two years
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Which recruiters participate in NITIE placement?
Ans: The institution is not obliged to provide placements. Instead, it offers the best skills to students which attracts the best recruiters in India and internationally
These organizations offer salaries between Rs 10 Lakh and Rs 80 Lakh. On average, MBA students get Rs 20 Lakhs annually
- Q2: Is the PGDIM offered by NITIE recognized as an MBA?
Ans: Yes, NITIE’s PGDM is equivalent to an MBA. NITIE is an autonomous institute that has been approved by the All India Council for Technical Education. As such, its PGDIM is recognized globally and its graduates can work anywhere in the world.
- Q3: What is the Scope for PGDIM Training?
Ans: NITIE aims at exposing the students to international business while equipping them with skills to handle change. The training occurs through conferences, guest lectures, seminars, and corporate interactions. The institution invites guests from renowned corporate institutes to educate the students on what is expected after graduation.
- Q4: Are MBA placements guaranteed?
Ans: NITIE has consistently registered a 100% placement record. Whereas this is an outstanding achievement, the institution cannot guarantee a placement.
The institution’s role is to provide a platform where students and employers can meet and interact. If a given student can display their abilities, skills, and professionalism, then they are likely to get a job offer.
- Q6: What happens to my MBA offer if I fail to provide a scorecard for my undergraduate studies?
The institution allows students in their final year of study to apply for an MBA program vacancy. While such students can get an offer, they must bring their certificate or exam scorecard before they can be admitted.
Failure to provide the required documents during the registration process can lead to revocation of the offer. As such, it’s necessary to pick all the documents from your undergraduate school before reporting for MBA registration at NITIE.
For any admission related queries, you shouldn’t hesitate to consult using the following contact addresses:
- Assistant Registrar (Academic)
- NITIE, Vihar Lake, Mumbai – 400087
- Also, you can visit the institution’s official website https://www.nitie.edu to get all the information that you need about the MBA program.