PGP in Data Science – Praxis Business School
- Courses Description
- Nature of Course
- Application Process
- Entrance Exam
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Job Prospects and Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- The Praxis Business School was established in 2007 in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It is a premier post-graduate institute that specializes in management studies.
- During its initial years of operations, the institution was supported by XLRI before becoming fully independent
- It has two campuses including Kolkata and Bangalore.
- It offers a PGP in data science which is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE).
- 1 year
Nature of Course
- Post-graduate program
- The course aims at training students to acquire data analytics skills. It equips them with knowledge in Python. Spark, Excell, R, Hadoop, Amazon AWS, MongoDB (NoSQL), Tableau, SAS, QlikView, and SQL.
- The curriculum covers up-to-date information on statistical modeling and analytical skills. It incorporates Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Artificial Intelligence concepts.
- Students undertake field trips to get hands-on analytical techniques and their application in different sectors including Telecom, Healthcare, and Retail.
- Students are introduced to Big Data analytics using different analytical tools.
- All students are required to undertake an internship and a capstone project on several analytical tools.
- Lecturers apply modern training techniques including case studies analyses, group discussions, simulations, conferences, and seminars.
- Candidates must possess a BE/MTech/ME, an MBA/PGDM, BSc/MSc, BA/MA, or any other degree with Mathematics and Statistics as major subjects.
- Candidates must have scored at least 60% aggregate marks in their undergraduate studies, X, or XII.
- Candidates with work experience in data science will have an added advantage.
- All candidates are required to undertake Praxis Admission Test (PAT) as part of the admission process
- Valid CAT/GMAT/GRE/XAT results will also be considered.
- All prospective candidates are required to apply online through the institution’s official website www.praxis.ac.in.
- During the application process, candidates must choose their preferred interview location. The available centers include Kolkata, New Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Patna, Bhubaneshwar, Mumbai, and Guwahati.
- All candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria are shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates are required to attend a personal interview where the candidates’ abilities are evaluated.
- Each stage of the admission process is evaluated and marks awarded. Based on the cumulative score, the admission panel selects the qualified candidates.
- Other factors that are considered in the process include work experience, academic qualifications, and testimonials.
- The institution is not AICTE-approved. However, some courses such as PGDM are AICTE-approved.
- Listed as the 6th best institute in data science programs by EDUCBA, 2019.
- The total fee for the program is Rs 6 lakhs payable in two installments. It covers tuition, library charges, and academic activities.
- The institution has scholarship opportunities for needy and intelligent students.
- Each student must have a personal laptop.
- The institution has partnered with Credila and Avanse Financial Services for student loans.
- The institution achieves more than 95% placement success.
- The average placement salary for the graduates is Rs 8.3 lakhs annually.
- The highest placement salary is Rs 18.50 lakhs annually.
Companies Where Graduates are Placed
- More than 100 organizations actively participate in the placement process. They include Sun Pharma, Axis Bank, PwC, Subex, ICICI Bank, Mahindra Electrics, and Robo Soft.
Job Prospects and Expected Salary
- PGP in Data Science experiences a high transition rate to the job market with almost all the graduates working in data science roles.
- The introductory salary for graduates is approximately Rs 10 lakhs annually with the highest getting up to Rs 25 lakhs.
- Graduates can work in different sectors including automobiles, pharmaceutical companies, finance & banking, service industry, consultancy, and the manufacturing sector.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: How long does it take to get a response after an application?
Ans: 2-3 weeks after the application.
- Q2: Does the institution offer scholarships to needy students?
Ans: Yes, the institution offers competitive scholarship opportunities to needy and intelligent students.
- Q3: Can I get a fee refund if I withdraw from the PGD in Data Science course?
Ans: No, after admission, the fee paid remains forfeited. However, a refundable fee will be refunded upon clearance.
- Bakrahat Road, Rasapunja, 24 Parganas South, Kolkata, West Bengal 700104, India
- Official website: https://praxis.ac.in/