Xavier School of Rural Management MBA
- Courses and Duration
- How To Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Xavier School of Rural Management started after the passing of the Xavier University Act in June 2013 by the Odisha Legislative Assembly. It is a private Catholic University situated in Odisha, India.
- It had a two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management which was introduced in 1999 to replace the one-year Post-Graduate Diploma Program in Rural Management.
- In 2013, the institution evolved and started offering an MBA program to encourage research and develop well-rounded managers.
- The institution is recognized by the University Grants Commission.
Courses and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time residential program. Each academic year has three terms.
- It comprises of the core course, foundational courses, and elective courses. Students must cover a minimum of 110 credits (78 credits from core courses and 32 credits from elective courses).
- Each credit represents 10 hours of classroom contact or equivalent fieldwork.
- All students must undertake the core and foundational courses in their first year of study. This helps in improving research skills and getting the necessary knowledge on all business operations.
- In the second year of study, the students are required to specialize in their areas of interest. Some of the areas of specialization include Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Hospitality Management, Decision-Making Science, Consumer Behavior, and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- All students are required to undergo an internship program of 8-12 weeks in an institution whose core business is related to their area of interest.
- Towards the end of the program, the students must conduct a research study on a topic derived from their areas of interest. The study must identify a problem, research on it, and develop implementable recommendations.
- Lecturers use diverse teaching methods to make the learning process efficient. Some of the techniques applied include simulations, games, guest lectures, classroom discussions, literature/articles review, assignments, group discussions, and conferences.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in any field from a university approved by UGC or recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in their undergraduate studies or an equivalent CGPA. SC/ST/PWD must have at least 50% aggregate score.
- Prospective candidates must have a valid X-GMT or NMAT scorecard.
- Students in their final year are allowed to apply. However, they must provide a valid score sheet of their latest exam (a minimum score of 50% is required).
- If admitted, these candidates are required to provide a letter from the registrar to ascertain that they have met all undergraduate requirements.
- All candidates must apply for an MBA through the institution’s website. The forms, together with all the other documents, are electronically submitted to the admissions office after paying a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000.
- Upon reception of the application forms, the admission panel selects all the candidates who meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the “Eligibility Section” above.
- All the shortlisted candidates are invited for a physical interview, group discussion, and written ability test.
- Every candidate is allotted marks based on their performance in every stage of the admission process.
- Based on CAT results and the aggregate score of all the stages, the admission panel selects the candidates to progress to the final stage of the admission process.
- Also, the panel considers candidates’ work experience, past academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, and testimonials.
- Successful candidates are informed through the address provided during the application process. They are required to accept the offer within the stipulated timelines.
- Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation
- Accredited by SAQS
- Ranked 36th in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, 2018
- MBA in Rural Management is ranked 2nd in India by Eduniversal, 2019
- The total fee for an MBA at Xavier School of Rural Management is Rs 17, 80, 000/. It covers tuition, library charges, computer charges, and learning materials.
- All students residing in the hostels are required to pay an annual fee of Rs 40,000 (for a single room) or Rs 29,000 (sharing). Also, a student residence administration fee of Rs 12,000 will be charged annually.
- The institute offers scholarships to needy and intelligent students. However, the chances are limited and are offered depending on the degree of financial needs of respective candidates.
- Xavier school of rural management achieves above 98% placement success every year with a minimum of 35 companies participating in the exercise.
- The highest domestic placement salary is INR 15 lakhs yearly with the average compensation being INR 8 lakhs annually.
- The average annual pay for the top 20% of the students is INR 11.60 Lakhs annually with that of top 50% being INR 9.69 per annum.
- Some of the companies that participate in the process include Google, Cognizant, YES bank, Mahindra, and KPMG.
- MBA graduates get an average salary of INR 12 per annum. However, highly paid graduates can earn up to INR 30 per annum
- The compensation can increase significantly to over INR 40 per annum for two years
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: How many recommendations should I upload with the application?
Ans: You should include at least two elaborate recommendations if you have past professional experience. They should preferably be written by individuals who have supervised you directly.
- Q2: What should I upload as evidence of payment of the application fee?
Ans: No document is required as proof of payment. The application is automated to only submit the forms after the payment has been processed. However, you can keep the transaction details for future reference.
- Q3: Will Xavier School of Rural Management guide me on my specialization?
Ans: The institution will offer the necessary guidance when selecting the areas of specialization. However, the student should follow their desire, passion, and interests to achieve the best results in the industry.
- Q4: Is it a must I take the TOEFL exam before admission?
Ans: No, the TOEFL test is only required for international candidates who graduated from universities where English was not the primary instruction language. Xavier School of Rural Management uses English as the language of instruction and all students must be knowledgeable about it.
- Q5: What MBA specialization is the most marketable?
Ans: All the specializations offered at the institution are designed to meet market needs. As such, you will succeed regardless of your specialization. However, you must specialize in areas that stirs your motivation to further accelerate your success.
If you need information regarding the MBA in rural management, do not hesitate to contact the institution’s representative using the address below:
- Xavier School of Rural Management
- Xavier University
- Tel: +91-674-2377757 / 7735
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Xavier City Campus
- Plot No: 12(A), Nijigada, Kurki,
- Dist.-Puri, Odisha,
- Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- Tel: +91-674-2377700 / 2377757 / 7735
- Also, you can visit the institution’s website https://www.xub.edu.in for in-depth information on the institution and all its programs.