Top 10 Data Science and Analytics Courses in India in 2020
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics – A Tri Institutue Course
- PG Program In Data Science – Praxis Business School
- Certificate in Business Analytics offered – ISB Hyderabad
- PG Diploma in Data Science – IIIT Bangalore
- PGP in Data Science – INSOFE
- Postgraduate Program in Data Science & Business Analytics – Great Lakes, Chennai
- MBA in Data Analytics – Symbiosis Center for Information Technology
- Business Analytics and Intelligence – IIM Bangalore
- Post-Graduate Diploma In Management (Big Data Analytics) – Goa Institute of Management
- M Tech in Data Science – IIT Hyderabad
- Related Post
- Technological advancements have led to increased data handling by organizations which have led to heightened data risks.
- As a result, companies are hiring data scientists to help them in data analysis and management.
- In India, there are several institutions that offer data analytics courses that will help safeguard the data environment for organizations.
Top Data Science/Analytics Course to Consider in 2020
1. Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics Offered Jointly by IIT Kharagpur, ISI Kolkata, and IIM Calcutta
Course Duration: 2 years
Nature of Course: Full-time postgraduate program.
- Students begin at IIM Calcutta for orientation, then to ISI Kolkata for 1st semester, IIT Kharagpur for 2nd semester, and back to Calcutta for the 3rd semester.
- The final semester is used for internship and capstone projects.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have a valid CAT/GMAT/GATE/GRE scores.
- Students in their final year of studies are eligible to apply.
- All students must apply online through the institution’s admission portal.
- Candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria are invited for a personal interview and written test in Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, or Bengaluru.
- Based on the performance of individual candidates, the admission panel selects the most-suited candidates. Other factors that may be considered include extra-curricular activities and work experience.
- It is accredited by the India Council of Technical Education and European Quality Improvement Systems
- The total fee is Rs 20 lakhs.
- Kolkata, West Bengal 700104, India
- Official Address: https://www.iimcal.ac.in/
Course Duration: 1 year
Course Type: Postgraduate program
Course Nature: Full-time
- Some of the courses covered include Bayesian Networks, Econometrics, Statistical Modelling, Deep Learning, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, and Model Interpretation.
- All students are required to undertake a capstone project to enhance their hands-on analytical skills.
- Evaluation methods include assignments, projects, term papers, and group discussions.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in B.Tech, BSc, or any Engineering Course from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have attained at least 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate studies.
- Candidates must provide a valid CAT/GMAT/GRE scorecard.
- Candidates with working experience will have an added advantage.
- Candidates must submit their application online. Those who meet the minimum eligibility requirements are shortlisted for an interview.
- Shortlisted candidates must appear for Praxis Admission Test (PAT).
- All candidates are evaluated at every stage of the interview and marks awarded.
- Qualified candidates are admitted based on their cumulative scores.
- Rs 6.05 lakhs
- Bakrahat Road, P.O. Rasapunja, Off Thakurpukur Road, Joka, Kolkata – 700104
- Official Website: https://praxis.ac.in/
Course Duration: 12 months
Course Type: Certification Program/ Part-time
Fee Structure: 7, 50, 000 INR
- The program combines both classroom and technology-aided delivery techniques to guarantee flexibility.
- All students will be required to attend physical classrooms for 6 days every alternating month.
- Students must cover at least 56 hours every month through technology-aided lectures.
- The pedagogy includes projects, group work, and assignments.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of working experience full-time ( a letter from the current employer is required).
- Fresh candidates who demonstrate great analytical skills may be considered.
- Candidates who meet the minimum admission requirements are shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates are required to undertake an online admission test (candidates with a valid GMAT, GRE, CAT, or XAT scorecard will be exempted).
- The admission panel offers admission offers on a rolling basis. If seat capacity is filled earlier, qualified candidates are offered deferred admissions to the next admission season.
- Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Accredited by the EFMD Quality Improvement Systems
- Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500032, India
- Official Website: https://www.isb.edu/
Course Duration: A maximum of 12 months and a minimum of 11 months
Type of Course: Full-time
- Offered jointly by UpGrad and IIIT Bangalore. UpGrad offers mentorship and networking opportunities for all students.
- Students cover critical data analytic courses such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Mapping & Analysis, and Big Data Management.
- Students must handle projects and case studies for a better understanding of data analysis concepts.
- Students must attend 8-10 classroom hours per week.
- Prospective candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in a business/mathematics-related field from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA.
- Work experience is a plus.
- An online entrance exam is administered to all prospective candidates. Candidates with valid CAT, GRE, and GMAT test results are exempted.
- Candidates are shortlisted based on their academic credentials and work experience.
- Shortlisted candidates undertake the online aptitude test.
- Qualifying candidates are admitted. They are required to confirm their interest in the course within a stipulated duration.
- Rs 2.25 lakhs covering tuition, learning materials, and library charges
- IIT Bangalore is accredited by UGC
- Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100, India
- Official Website: https://www.iiitb.ac.in/
Course Duration: 6 months
Nature of the Course: This is a full-time course postgraduate program
- Covers data analytics using statistical tools such as R, Tableau, and Python.
- Students can specialize in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, or Market Analysis.
- All students must undertake projects, case studies analyses, and assignments satisfactorily.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in IT, Science, or Mathematics from a recognized university.
- Candidates with working experience in data analytics will have an added advantage.
- After applying, candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria are invited for a phone /skype interview.
- Candidates are assessed based on their academic credentials and interview performance.
- Candidates who meet the cut-off score are admitted. In case of a tie, the admission officials can devise any technique to determine the best-suited candidate.
- The total fee is Rs 3.75 lakhs
Accredited by CIO
- Hyderabad in the state of Telangana, India
- Official Website: https://www.insofe.edu.in/
Course Duration: 7 months
Course Type: It is a part-time postgraduate degree program
- It consists of weekends in-person lessons and online lessons.
- Students are required to undertake capstone projects.
- Analytical tools covered include Hadoop, TensorFlow, Python, and Tableau.
- Prospective candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in a technology-related area with a minimum score of 50%.
- Work experience is a plus.
- All the candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria are shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for personal interviews and written tests.
- Candidates are admitted based on merit.
- Rs 3.95 lakhs covering tuition, library charges, and refundable deposits.
- Tamil Nadu 603102, India
- Official Website: https://www.greatlakes.edu.in/chennai/
7. MBA in Data Analytics – Symbiosis Center for Information Technology
Course Duration: 2 years
Nature/Type of Course
- It is a full-time postgraduate program
- Residential program
- Students cover various statistical tools including Python, Tableau, and SAS.
- DXC Technology and Fortune 500 offer mentorship to all students.
- All students must undertake capstone projects and internship programs.
- Students can specialize in Marketing, Human Resource Management, Finance, or Economics.
- Prospective candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA.
- Should have covered mathematics in their 12th standard.
- Candidates must have valid scorecards of CMAT, XAT, CAT, or GMAT.
- Work experience is an added advantage.
- After receiving all application forms, the admission panel shortlists all the candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
- Shortlisted candidates attend a written test, group activity, and personal interview.
- Candidates are admitted based on their cumulative marks obtained from all the stages of the admission process.
- Accredited by AICTE
- The total fee is Rs 12.6 lakhs covering tuition, learning materials, and library charges.
- It is payable in 6 installments.
- Hinjewadi, Phase 1, Pune, Maharashtra 411057, India
- Official Website: https://www.scit.edu/
Course Duration: 1 Year
Course Type/Nature: A part-time executive postgraduate program
- Introduces the students to data analytics and various statistical tools applied including HADOOP, SAS, and Python.
- Students must undertake a capstone project.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate studies.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of working experience.
- All candidates apply online for the program.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for a personal interview.
- Qualified candidates are admitted to the program. They are required to confirm their interest failure to which the offer will be revoked.
- Accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
- The total fee is Rs 7, 40, 200.
- Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, India
- Official Website: https://www.iimb.ac.in/
9. Post-Graduate Diploma In Management (Big Data Analytics) – Goa Institute of Management
Course Duration: 2 years
Course Type/Nature of Course
- A full-time undergraduate degree program
- Residential program
- Students cover extensive data analytics techniques including Machine Learning, Simulation, Data Programming, and Visual Analytics.
- Students must undertake at least 2 capstone projects.
- All students must attend an internship program.
- Candidates must have an IB Diploma.
- Candidates must have at least 32 points from 6 subjects (3 from a higher level).
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Interested candidates must apply online.
- Shortlisted candidates undergo an online aptitude test.
- Candidates are ranked based on academic qualifications, interview performance, and work experience.
- Qualified candidates are admitted to the program.
- Rs 16.49 lakhs for the entire program
- Accredited by AICTE
- Poriem, Sattari, Goa 403505
- Official Website: https://www.gim.ac.in/
Course Duration: It takes a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 5 years
Nature/Type of Course: Full-time/Part-time undergraduate course
- Students can choose to take the course on Saturdays or during the weekdays.
- Students have full access to digitized library and video-enabled lectures.
- All students are required to undertake a capstone project and a summer internship program.
- Prospective candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 2 years of working experience.
- All interested candidates must apply for the program online.
- Candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria are invited for a written test and personal interview.
- Candidates are admitted based on their cumulative score (obtained by summing up all the scores obtained in all the admission stages). Other factors considered during admission include extracurricular activities, past academic achievements, and work experience.
- UGC Accredited
- The total fee for the program is Rs 9 Lakhs.
- IITH Main Road, Near NH-65, Sangareddy, Kandi, Telangana 502285, India
- Official Website: https://www.iith.ac.in/
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Which is the best data analytics course in India?
Ans: There is a myriad of courses to choose from. Always evaluate your needs and availability before settling for one. For example, a professional with experience in handling data may choose for a short-term certification program while a high school student may choose a bachelor’s degree.
- Q2: How can I become a data scientist in India
Ans: To succeed in data science, you’ll require an understanding of mathematics and statistics. Also, you must have an immense interest in data mining and analytics. Other prerequisites for data science career include understanding machine learning and programming languages (including Python, R, and Tableau).
- Q3: Is it compulsory for a data science student to specialize?
Ans: No, data scientists can have experience in different fields. However, specialization in a given field (such as healthcare, business, or automobile) will increase your chances of getting job offers.
Some of the areas available for specialization in India include Data Mining, Data Engineering $ Warehousing, Cloud Computing, Data Visualization, Business Intelligence, and Market-related Analytics.
Choosing only one domain is recommended since it helps you to become an expert in that specific field thus increasing your marketability.
- Q4: What is the difference between executive courses and other certification courses?
Ans: Executive courses primarily targets professionals with working experience. As such, such courses are flexible and allow for part-time or online learning modules.
Additionally, executive courses take a relatively short time compared to other courses since the participants have hands-on experience in some aspects of the field.