Patna University Distance B.com (Hons.) and Accounts
- The distance B.Com (Hons) Accounts degree was designed with you in mind if you are already working or you’re a stay at home mom. The program is very flexible and allows you to take lectures without stepping an inch on-campus. If you are looking to earn a B.Com (Hons), look no further than Patna University.
- Patna University was established in 1952 to equip students with managerial, entrepreneurial, and leadership skills. The school boasts of state-of-the-art infrastructure that supports academic learning. Plus, they parade quality and certified lecturers who know their onion when it comes to grooming students.
- Patna University is a public college
The following are the subjects offered under the B.Com (Hons) degree:
- Speech Communication
- Business Correspondence and Report Writing
- Human Ethics, Values, Rights, and Gender Equality
- Financial Accounting
- Advance Urdu
- Rural Development
- Business Economics
- Computer fundamentals
- Principles of Management
- Business Finance
- Business Communications
- Corporate Accounting
- Programming in C
- C Programming Lab
- Business Mathematics and statistics
- Modern Banking Practices
- Business Ethics
- Human Resource Management.
- The total fee payable by distance B.Com (Hons) students is INR 6,174 per annum for the 3 years. This amount includes an examination fee.
- The distance B.Com (Hons) degree at Patna University is 3 years.
- Prospective students must have at least 55% and 45% marks for General Category and Reserved Category respectively in the intermediate Examination in Science or Arts.
- Prospective students must have sound knowledge of mathematics and accounting
- Admission is on merit after passing entrance test and viva-voce examination conducted by the university authorities
- Seat reservation is based on the rules set by the government or the academic board for S.T, S.C, and OBC student category
- Admitted students are offered Provisional admission for 15 days only, within which students can either accept or decline the offer.
How To Apply For Admission
- Prospective students are advised to read the college’s prospectus for adequate information about the college and the course.
- Application forms for the B.Com (Hons) program can be obtained by hand from the college’s counter or any study centre close to you upon payment of INR 500/-
- The college admission office is usually open between 11 am to 4 pm on working days.
- Admit cards are available for collection at the college’s admission office
- Complete the application form and attach your supporting documents
- Submit all the documents to the college’s admission office using the address below:
(B. Com. (Hons) in Computer Applications Programme),
Patna College Patna University
Patna- 800 005
Entrance Test and Viva-voce
- The entrance test is administered before students are offered admission. Viva-Voce may also be administered by the Department or college.
- The format of the entrance test is multiple-choice questions.
- The test will last for 2 hours
- After the test, candidates will be invited for an interview.
- The entrance test will consist of the following subjects:
(i) English Language/Grammar
(ii) General Mathematics
(iii) Aptitude Assessment/ Test of Reasoning
(iv) General Awareness/ General Knowledge
- Admission to the B.Com (Hons) program is strictly on merit. You would be offered admission once you pass the entrance test and meet all the requirements stated above.
- The admission committee will scrutinize the photocopies of your credentials and bank receipts.
- The admission committee reserves the right to cancel your admission once they discover fake certificates at any level.
- Under no circumstances would the application and registration fee be refunded to the candidates.
- Once you are admitted, you can proceed to register for your courses
Question 1: Where can I get more information about the school and program?
Answer: For more information about the school and program, kindly visit the school portal via https://www.patnauniversity.ac.in/ddeadmission.html
Question 2: Can I visit the school to apply for admission?
Answer: The school has two modes of applying for admission – online and offline. For online mode, visit the school website, get your documents handy, and complete the application form. Then for the offline mode, visit the school campus and pick up the admission form. Complete the form and pay the required application fee.
Question 3: How much is the tuition and registration fee?
Answer: The tuition and registration fees are INR 6,174 and INR 500/- respectively.
Question 4: I work from 9 Am to 5 Pm, what are my chances of making it?
Answer: The B.Com (Hons) Account degree was designed with people like you in mind. The program is flexible, which means you determine the pace. You can develop a timetable that will integrate into your working schedule.
Question 5: Am I eligible for the college’s scholarship?
Answer: As a distance learning student, you are not eligible for the school’s scholarship. Only full-time students are eligible for scholarships.
Question 6: What is the college’s acceptance rate?
Answer: As of 2019, the college’s acceptance rate is 85%.
Question 7: Can I pay the tuition fee on an installment basis?
Answer: Patna University allows students to pay their tuition fee on an installment basis. If you don’t have the money to pay at once, you can leverage this plan.
Question 8: What is the format of the entrance test?
Answer: The entrance test lasts 2 hours. It consists of multiple-choice questions and answers. Admission is strictly on merit; so strive to get a pass mark in the test.
Question 9: Is the school accredited?
Answer: The university is accredited by NAAC and approved by the University Grants Commission.
Question 10: I am physically challenged, do I have a chance to be admitted in the program?
Answer: The school is not discriminatory. Whether you are physically challenged or not, Patna University is accommodative.
- Patna University
- Directorate of Distance Education, Patna University, Patna -800 005, Bihar
- Phone & Fax Phone: 0612 – 2670352 (Off.)
- Fax: 0612 – 2670877
- E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.ddepu.org